At Sper Scientific, we certify two categories of instruments:
- Newly purchased instruments are certified prior to shipment, which may extend your order ship day by up to 10 business days. Not all instruments can be certified, when certification is possible an ordering option will appear on the product page.
- Previously purchased instruments are returned annually to Sper Scientific for certification, and may take up to 10 business days to certify.
Purpose of the Program:
There is an increasing requirement by customers for documentation supporting manufacturer’s claims of accuracy on their scientific equipment. This is partially due to the increasing acceptance of quality standards, such as ISO 9000* and GMP**, which require that periodic certification of test equipment be performed and documented. Most testing is done in-house with our own state-of-the-art equipment. Whenever possible and practical, we use N.I.S.T. traceable equipment and N.I.S.T. procedures.
* ISO 9002 1987 (E) Section 4.10
** FDA Good Manufacturing Practices Section 820.61
Each certified product comes with:
• A serial number
• A calibration or certification label
• One of three certificates.*